Colossians 2:6-7 says “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” Home Groups at MVCC exist to promote spiritual maturity and personal growth through meaningful Christian relationships and study of God’s Word (Romans 8:29 & Hebrews 10:24, 25) so that we will be rooted in Christ and established in faith. We’ll do this by focusing on four primary activities:
SHAREEach week we’ll take time to share what is happening in our lives. At first this sharing will include planned “sharing questions”. But after the first few weeks, it will become more informal and personal as we feel more comfortable.
STUDYEach week we’ll study a section from God’s Word that relates to the previous weekend’s sermon or an appropriate personal growth topic. Our goal is to learn how to live out ourChristianity in everyday life.
SUPPORTEach week we’ll learn how to take care of one another as Christ commanded (John 15:9-13). This care can take many forms such as prayer, encouragement, listening, challenging one another, and meeting real needs.
SERVESpiritual Growth is fostered not only by what we gain through the support and input of others, but also through service to others. The role each of us fills is important to the health of the church and for us to be the hands and feet of Jesus to our community (Ephesians 4:11-16). Throughout the quarter, it is our hope that you can find and/or be affirmed in the ways God has designed you to serve, and make a difference in God’s Kingdom.
MVCC Home Groups Vary In Their:
- Demographics- some are married with young children, newly married, married with teenagers, mid lifers, and more!
- Geographic’s- Home Groups meet all over the country from Lake Linganore to Jefferson to Walkersville and everywhere in between!
- Personality- groups take on the personality of those who are in them! Just like our people, our groups vary in personality and reflect the creativity of our creator!
- Content- Most of our groups use the sermon-based study generated from the weekly sermons.
- Yes! We have a MOPS group for Mothers of Preschoolers, a Divorce Care Group, a Home School Support Group, a Men’s Bible Study Group, Women’s Bible Study Groups and more. However, these are targeted groups with specific curriculum and are different from our sermon-based Home Group Ministry.